All of the products offered and installed by GreenMile Electrical are approved by OZEV (Office for Zero Emission Vehicles). This means that they qualify for the Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme (EVHS) – the EVHS is the UK government’s scheme to support the uptake of electric and hybrid cars. It offers electric vehicle drivers 75% grant funding towards the electric charge point installation cost if they get them installed at their homes. This translates into a maximum of £350.
That’s a huge amount, and the grant is available for most electric vehicles. One charge point per electric vehicle can be claimed, and a household can claim for up to two charge point grants.
How do I qualify for the OZEV Grant?
To qualify for OZEV’s EVHS grant, you need to have leased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle for at least six months, or have purchased one on or after October 1 2016.
• You must have off-street parking.
• You must install an OZEV-approved charge point.
• The date of installation must not be more than four months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle.
• You must use an OZEV-approved charge point installer, such as Manchester’s GreenMile Electrical.
Is my vehicle eligible for the OZEV Grant ?
Not all plug-in vehicles are eligible for the OZEV EVHS grant. All full-battery electric vehicles are eligible, but plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 50 g/km.
If you’re wondering whether or not your EV is eligible for a grant, the best way to find out is to go through OZEV’s updated list of vehicles.
Note that you can also apply for a grant if purchasing a second-hand vehicle; you must submit your OZEV application within the four month period leading up to the receipt of your vehicle or within the four month period after receiving your vehicle (i.e you have an eight-month window).
How do I claim the OZEV Grant?
Claiming your grant is a straightforward process. Here’s how it works:
To claim up to £350 off the cost of your new home charging point, all you have to do is answer a few simple questions and provide copies of the vehicle’s V5C document and, if applicable, a copy of your contract lease agreement.
Our team will then do the heavy lifting and claim the grant on your behalf.
For more information on OZEV grant funding, contact us today.
WORKPLACE GRANTS PAGE
What is WCS?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is a voucher-based scheme that provides support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charge points.
- Businesses can apply for £350 WCS vouchers (inc. VAT) per socket (up to 40 sockets or £14,000).
- The scheme is designed to subsidise the installation of EV charging infrastructure at workplaces for the use of staff, visitors and fleet vehicles.
- The business doesn’t need to have any electric vehicles in its fleet.
- A business can also demonstrate that it intends to encourage electric vehicle uptake with the installation of workplace EV charging.
How to qualify for WCS
Obtaining vouchers for the Workplace Charging Scheme is easy, all you need to do is:
- Have an existing or future need for charging electric vehicles, with private off-road parking.
- Have the authority to apply for the Workplace Charge Point voucher scheme on behalf of your registered company/organisation.
- The voucher is only valid for 120 days after completing the application.
- Apply online by clicking here.
- When received, provide the voucher code, along with the expiry date, to GreenMile Electrical.
Why GreenMile Electrical?
- We are WCS approved and registered installers.
- We are qualified to redeem the value of the voucher (worth £350 inc. VAT per socket) up to a maximum value of £14,000 off the total cost of equipment and installation.
- We provide free site surveys and offer expert and impartial advice.
- We are Manchester-based EV installation specialists focused 100% on installing EV charging points throughout the Greater Manchester area.